Saturday, July 24, 2010

Charice P in Bangkok

I first learned that Charice Pempengco would be in Bangkok through the Siampinoy forum a few weeks ago. Since then I have kept myself updated of the news and even FB-liked Charice Thailand and checked out the Charice Mania website. I was not disappointed with the updates and pictures I received from these sites.


Charice Pempengco was in Bangkok from 22-24 July 2010 to promote her album Charice and especially her hit single Pyramid. She guested at several radio stations and held interviews with many groups. She had a mini-concert at Siam Discovery on 23 July organized by Singh, entitled, Charice "Dreams Come True" Showcase @Siam Discovery.When I first heard about this event I decided right there and then that I should attend it. I have heard lots about her before through the internet especially You Tube, and also from my sisters.


So there we were yesterday, Friday, arriving at Siam Discovery before 5 pm, the time they announced the concert would start. When we arrived many people were already there, stationed at the prime spots and it was difficult for us to find a place. We passed by first at the reception desk and bought her CD at 399 baht. We were told that the show would start at 6 pm. We then walked around to find an empty spot by one of the big posts so we can lean on it while waiting. We stayed on that spot as the placed filled up. By the time the show started we could not see anything except people's heads and cameras held up and the widescreen monitor.


I was looking around to see whether there were people I recognized. I saw lots of young people, students still in their uniforms, teenagers, young professionals, adults, elderly. There were Pinoys among the Thais, as well as other nationalities. All were eager to get a glimpse of Charice and hear her sing.


When Charice finally appeared, the cheering was so deafening and it was amazing to hear it! I could not clap my hands though coz I was holding my bag as well as my camera. With lots of people one had to be careful of one's belongings. I was not really able to see her close-up. I had to tiptoe just to get a glimpse of her on the stage. Most of the time I watched the widescreen monitor above the stage.


It would have been nice to interact with her but the venue did not make it possible. Anyway, it was enough that I was able to hear her sing live, and to be there to show my support as a Filipino.


She will be back in October to take part in another concert entitled David Foster and Friends. Hope to be able to join that again, and that the tickets will be affordable.

  

No comments: